DIY Galactic Donuts with Lucky Charms
Ages:Pillsbury™ Donut Recipe
Do your kids go crazy for the cosmos? Then launch them into the day with a planetary pastry that’s a blast for the whole family. Everybody can dazzle their donuts with their favorite space charms for a magical breakfast, brunch or treat!
- Galactic Lucky Charms
- Small Bowls
- Space-themed Sprinkles
- Charcuterie Tray
- Colored Paper for Spaceship Decorations
- Donuts (store-bought or homemade with the Pillsbury™ recipe above)
- Pillsbury™ Frosting
- Red and Blue Food Coloring
- Use large circular serving plates/platters for the planet and rocket base. Find smaller circular bowls for your Lucky Charm Galactic marshmallows and space sprinkles. These can serve as your rocket’s “portholes” when putting the rocket together.
- Put Lucky Charms and other toppings on the board. Have your kids help out with age-appropriate tasks like sorting the Lucky Charms, filling bowls, or making rocket shapes to decorate.
- Use colored paper and let your imagination run wild with your family! We suggest starting with building two wings for the rocket, a purple base, and red and orange rocket flames! You can even make rings for Saturn to show off Lucky’s galactic charms! Cut Lucky off the box if you want some extra cuteness. Use the star charms to decorate the table.
- Purchase donuts or make them using the Pillsbury™ recipe linked above
- Purchase use the the Pillsbury™ recipe linked above for frosting. Use two drops of red and blue food coloring to create a purple, galactic hue.
- Have everybody decorate their donuts to the galactically delicious max! Put the frosting on the donuts and add Lucky’s planet, rocket, star and moon charms before it solidifies. Sprinkle with space-themed sprinkles and enjoy!
- You can find fun ways to add a porthole to your rocket, or make the moon out of construction paper that the rocket whizzes by. Put down a galactic tablecloth, or add stars to your serving area too. The possibilities are as endless as our universe!