Lucky Charms Box Math Puzzle
Looking to make math more magical? This easy-to-make craft promotes hands-on learning that is both simple and lots of fun for kids!
- Lucky Charms Cereal Box
- Safety Scissors
Directions to make:
- Cut off the front of a Lucky Charms box.
- Use a ruler and marker to draw 3 columns on the box. Then add 8 rows. All boxes should be about the same size.
- Number each box on in the left-hand column in ascending order. This will help you orient the puzzle when you’re setting it up.
- In each row, fill the first two boxes with age-appropriate math problems that equal the same answer. Now fill the third column out with the answer. Cut out the pieces.
How to use:
- Mix all the pieces with the numbers facing up.
- Challenge your kids to reassemble the box by solving the math problems on the back.
- When they are done, they can check their work by flipping over all the pieces and seeing if the Lucky Charms box pieces are assembled in the right order.
- To make the puzzle easier, just draw two columns. To make it harder, add more.
- Store in a sandwich bag or tupperware container to save for further practice.