Lucky Charms Light Switch Cover
Light up your kids’ room with a DIY Lucky Charms light switch cover. Not only is this a quick and easy project that your kids will love working on, it will also give them a chance to make their room more magical.
- Lucky Charms Cereal Box
- Light switch cover (jumbo size is best)
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Exacto knife (or Scissors)
- Washi tape
- Cut off the front of a Lucky Charms Honey Clovers cereal box.
- Place the light switch cover over the part of the box you want to use. Trace around the cover.
- Cut the box slightly inside the lines for the perfect fit on the flat part of the light switch cover. Make sure not to cut any further in than the width of your washi tape. Use the exacto knife to cut out the opening on the switch cover and to poke through the screw holes.
- Use your foam brush to apply a moderate amount of Mod Podge directly onto the light switch plate, and on the back side of the box cutout. Apply pressure for 30 seconds, then let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Washi Tape around all four sides of the light switch cover. Make sure that the tape overlaps the cereal box and wraps around to the back of the cover.
- Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge over the entire box and all tape. Let dry.
- Re-install your switch cover to add some extra magic to any room!