Looking to boost your child’s reading comprehension? Make it a game! Have your child help Lucky find his magical charms and return them to his pot of gold with this fun and easy craft idea.
- Lucky Charms Cereal Box
- Markers or Crayons
- Printed out Sight Word Pages
Preparing Sight Words
- Take a box of Lucky Charms cereal and cut out a small opening above Lucky’s pot of gold.
- Download and print off the sight word sheets from the link above.
- Cut out sight word cards and write words you want your kids to practice on them.
- After you’ve written words on the cards, have your kids color the other side of the charms.
Playing Lucky’s Sight Word Pot of Gold:
- Lucky has lost his charms! Have your child help him get them back.
- Have your child read the sight word. If they’re correct, they get to add it to the pot of gold. If they guess incorrectly, place the card on the bottom of the pile to try later.
- Continue until all the “charms” have been returned!
- For even more flavorful fun, reward your child for getting a word right with a marshmallow snack that matches the sight word card!