Lucky Charms™ Cereal Pancakes
It doesn’t need to be St. Patrick’s Day to enjoy these fun and easy-to-make green-tinted pancakes. Let your imagination go wild on how to top your own delicious masterpiece. From simple to stacked, it’ll all be magically delicious.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ pancake baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Green gel food color, if desired
Toppings, as desired
- Lucky Charms™ marshmallows from 1 box (10.5 oz) Lucky Charms™ cereal
- Whipped cream topping in aerosol can
- Rainbow candy sprinkles
- Miniature chocolate chips
- Fresh berries
- Chocolate-flavor syrup
- Real maple syrup
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or electric griddle to 375°F. (Surface is ready when a few drops of water sprinkled on it dance and disappear.)
- In medium bowl, beat Bisquick™ mix, milk and eggs with whisk until mixed well. Tint with food color.
- Brush griddle with vegetable oil or shortening. For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until puffed and bubbles begin to form on top. Turn; cook other side until golden brown. Remove from griddle to serving plate. Repeat with remaining batter. If not eating immediately, remove pancakes to cooling rack. Keep warm in 200°F oven.
- Serve with toppings.
- Topping pancakes with Lucky Charms™ marshmallows makes breakfast time more colorful and fun for kids of all ages. Pour box of cereal onto a large tray. Pick out all the marshmallows (about 2 cups) for a topping; reserve remaining cereal for another use.
- Create your own rainbow fruit-stacked Lucky Charms™ pancake. To assemble, have a 1/4 cup each of chopped strawberries, mandarin orange segments, chopped kiwifruit, pineapple, halved blackberries, and blueberries. Place 1 pancake in center of large plate, spread or pipe whipped cream on top, then place strawberries and mandarin oranges on top; top with next pancake, and repeat with more whipped cream and the next fruits. Repeat until all the fruit has been used. Top with additional whipped cream, marshmallows and sprinkles.
- Don't flip 'em more than once! Repeated cooking on both sides toughens rather than browns the pancakes.
- To test the griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If the bubbles jump around, the heat is just right to start cooking the pancakes.
1 Pancake Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 25); Total Fat 2.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 190mg; Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1