Lucky Charms™ Magic Gems Mini Pancakes
Cereal pancakes, but make ‘em mini! These bite-size pancakes are made with Lucky Charms™ Cereal inside and served with colorful marshmallows, candy sprinkles, maple syrup and fun. The whole family will feel so lucky to have these for breakfast on the weekend!
- 1 cup Bisquick™ Original Pancake & Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup Lucky Charms™ Magic Gems Cereal (marshmallows removed), finely crushed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup marshmallows from Lucky Charms™ Magic Gems Cereal
- 1 tablespoon tablespoon rainbow candy sprinkles
- Maple Syrup, as desired
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or electric griddle to 350°F. (Surface is ready when a few drops of water sprinkled on it dance and disappear.)
- In medium bowl, beat all Pancake ingredients with whisk until well mixed. Pour or spoon enough batter into decorating bag to fill bag.
- Brush griddle with vegetable oil or shortening. Cut off tip (1/2 inch wide) of decorating bag with scissors. For each pancake, pipe a quarter-size mound of batter onto hot griddle, spacing pancakes at least 2 inches apart. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until edges begin to dry and bubbles begin to form on top. Turn; cook other side until golden brown. Remove from griddle to plate. Repeat with remaining batter, refilling decorating bag as needed.
- To serve, divide pancakes among four serving bowls. Top each with 1/4 cup marshmallows (from cereal), approximately 3/4 teaspoon candy sprinkles and maple syrup. Serve warm.
- Place the decorating bag upright in a tall drinking glass, then fill with batter. This will keep the batter from leaking out of the bag and make it easier to fill. If you don’t have a decorating bag, use a spoon to pour the batter onto the griddle. To crush cereal, measure 1/2 cup cereal without marshmallows, then place in a resealable food-storage plastic bag, and seal. Use a rolling pin to finely crush cereal for use in the recipe. Serve pancakes with fresh berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, and/or sliced strawberries) for added freshness and flavor. Serve pancakes topped with whipped cream, if desired.
4 servings (about 19 pancakes each)
About 19 Pancakes Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 400mg; Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g); Protein 6g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%;
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2.5