No-Bake Lucky Charms™ Cereal Bar Cutouts
Bring a smile to your kid’s faces with these fun and easy no-bake cereal bar cutouts. Be inspired by the shapes from Lucky Charms™ cereal to create your own marshmallow!
- 1/4 cup butter, cut in pieces
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Original Lucky Charms Cereal (from 10.5-oz box)
- 2 tablespoons rainbow candy sprinkles
- Decorating cookie icing (in 7-oz pouches), assorted colors, as desired
- Line 9-inch square pan with foil, letting foil hang 2 inches over sides of pan. Spray foil with cooking spray. In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 45 seconds or until almost melted. Add 4 cups marshmallows; stir to coat. Microwave uncovered on High 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until marshmallows are melted.
- Add cereal to marshmallow mixture; stir to combine. With sprayed back of spoon, press mixture firmly and evenly in pan. Sprinkle candy sprinkles on top. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Using foil to lift, remove from pan, and peel foil away. Cut cereal mixture into desired shapes with 3- or 4-inch cookie cutters (ideas for shapes include balloon, clover, heart, moon, rainbow and shooting star). Roll remaining scraps into 1 1/2-inch balls. Drizzle cookie icings over tops of shapes. Let stand until set, about 30 minutes. Store in single layer in covered container.
- Make sure to really compress the cereal bars in pan; that will make them easier to cut. Lining pan with foil makes it easier to do the cutouts.
- No cookie icing? Try colorful candy melts. In small microwavable bowl, microwave candy melts as directed on package. Place melted candy melts in small resealable freezer plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze melted candy melts to drizzle melted candy over shapes. Let stand about 30 minutes or until set.
- Try your favorite cookie cutter shape for cutting out bars.
1 Cutout or 1 Ball Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 25); Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 85mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 9g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1