Lucky Charms™ Leprechaun Snack Mix
Lucky Charms™ and Rice Chex™ cereals are coated with melted white vanilla baking chips, topped with rainbow candy sprinkles and tossed with colorful marshmallows for a delicious cereal snack mix that is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages.
- 1 box (10.5 oz) Original Lucky Charms Cereal
- 6 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 2 bags (12 oz each) white vanilla baking chips (4 cups)
- 1/4 cup rainbow candy sprinkles
- Pour box of cereal onto large tray. Pick out all the marshmallows (about 2 cups); set aside to add to the mix later. Measure 2 cups of the remaining Lucky Charms™ cereal (without the marshmallows) into large bowl; reserve remaining cereal for another use. Add Rice Chex™ cereal to the large bowl.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth. If necessary, continue microwaving and stirring in 10-second intervals. Pour over cereal mixture in large bowl; toss to evenly coat.
- Spread mixture in single layer on waxed paper. Immediately sprinkle with candy sprinkles. Let stand until set, about 30 minutes.
- Gently break up mixture; toss in reserved marshmallows. Store in airtight container.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Since microwaves vary, it's important to watch that you microwave your chips until just starting to melt, then stir until smooth, to avoid overheating.
1 Serving Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 18g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 10%; Iron 20%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2