Frosted Rainbow Cereal Bars
These magical no-bake cereal bars feature Lucky Charms™ Marshmallow Clusters cereal, colorful swirled frosting and fun rainbow toppers.
- 6 1/3 cups Lucky Charms™ Marshmallow Clusters cereal
- 1/4 Cup butter, Cut up in pieces
- 4 Cups miniature Marshmallows
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 8 strips rainbow berry strip candy (from 4.5-oz package)
- Red, Yellow, blue liquid food colors
- Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. Spray large bowl with cooking spray. Add 6 cups of the cereal to bowl.
- Spray medium microwavable bowl with cooking spray. Add butter and marshmallows. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Pour hot marshmallow mixture over cereal; stir until cereal is coated. Press firmly in pan. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Divide frosting into 3 small bowls; tint frosting with food colors to desired pink, yellow, blue colors. Drop colors of frosting by mounded spoonfuls onto cereal bar in a random pattern. With offset metal spatula, spread frosting by carefully swirling the different colors together. Top with remaining 1/3 cup cereal.
- With kitchen scissors, cut strip candy into sixteen 2 1/4-inch strips. Cut bars into 4 rows by 4 rows. Top each bar with a rainbow candy strip, forming into an arch to look like a rainbow.
- When adding the rainbow arches onto the tops of the bars, carefully place each end of the candy strip into the frosting to secure. Store bars in covered container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
1 Bar Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 29g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 3